Grilled Big Porterhouse Tuscan-Style with Herbed-Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 (5 1/2-pound) porterhouse steak, in 1 piece, with 1/2-inch fat remaining on fatty side
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- Sauteed spinach, for serving
Preheat a grill to low heat.
Rub the meat all over with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and season liberally on all sides with salt and pepper. Place the meat on the grill, fatty side down first, and cook, turning occasionally, until meat is nicely browned on all sides and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 120 degrees F, 1 hour and 20 minutes and maybe longer depending on your grill. Remove from the grill and set aside to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
When ready to serve, cut the meat away from the bone so that it is in 2 large pieces. Slice the pieces into thin slices and serve drizzled with the herbed garlic oil and sauteed spinach.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Lamb Porterhouse with Fig-Cascabel Sauce, Truffled Brioche Grilled Cheese with Tomato Bisque, Roasted Poblano and Mushroom Grilled Cheese, Beef Bourguignon Recipes, Hamburger Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Easy Grilling Recipes, London Broil Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes