Grilled Bok Choy Salad
- 1 medium head bok choy
- 1/4 wedge purple cabbage or 5 leaves curly purple savoy cabbage
- 4 whole scallions
- 1 small can Mandarin orange segments (9 to 12 ounces), drained
- 1 cup chow mein noodles or 1 package dry ramen noodles, toasted in a dry pan
- 1/4 cup wasabi peas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Orange Sesame Balsamic Dressing, recipe follows
- Orange Sesame Balsamic Dressing:
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon Asian hot mustard
- 1 red or green Thai chile, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- Pinch kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
Wash the bok choy, cabbage and scallions and shake to remove the excess water. Grill just until grill marks appear and become aromatic, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove them from the grill to a cutting board. Julienne the bok choy and chop the cabbage. If using curly leaf cabbage. cut into chiffonade. Add the bok choy and the cabbage to a large salad bowl. Cut the scallions on the bias and add them to the bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss. Pour the Orange Sesame Balsamic Dressing over the salad, then toss and serve.Orange Sesame Balsamic Dressing:
Whisk all the ingredients together in a glass or wooden bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
Yield: about 1 cup
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.