Grilled Calamari on Mizuna Greens
- 16 to 20 baby calamari, tentacles included
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spicy Red Chimichurri Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 medium bunches mizuna or field greens, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, reduced to 1/3 cup
- Spicy Red Chimichurri Sauce:
- 12 to 15 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup dry oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup Spanish sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Season calamari with salt and pepper. Marinate in Spicy Red Chimichurri Sauce for about 1 hour. Remove from marinade, place on hot grill and cook until grill marks show on both sides. Toss mizuna greens with olive oil and lemon juice.
Arrange calamari on plate with mizuna greens. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction.Spicy Red Chimichurri Sauce:
Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until pureed.
Yield: about 3 cups
Thank you! your flag was submitted.