Grilled Chicken with Mustard Dill Sauce
- 1/2 cup coarse-grained mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup white wine, Champagne, or aged Sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 (1/4-inch thick) chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, combine well all sauce ingredients and season with pepper. Sauce may be made 1 day ahead and kept chilled, covered. Let sauce come to room temperature and whisk before serving.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in enough oil to make a smooth dressing with a balanced taste. Stir in garlic and shallots. Place the cutlets in a glass pan, pour the marinade over, cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade). Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken on an oiled rack set over glowing coals 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.
Serve chicken with sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoky Grilled Chicken Wings with Pickled Red Chiles, Dates and Fresh Mint, Grilled Chicken Salad with Fresh Herbs and Celery on Toasted Rolls, Grilled Chicken Cutlets with Lemon and Black Pepper and Arugula-Tomato Salad, Baked Ham Recipes, Easy Lunch, Latin American, Fried Chicken Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Jerk Chicken Recipes