Grilled Clams with Smoked Chili-Cachucha Mojo and Bacon
- 5 smoked chipotle chili pods, toasted and minced
- 1/2 cup cachucha peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, white and green parts
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 ounces light olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 dozen clams, scrubbed
- 8 ounces bacon, finely diced
To make mojo, mix all ingredients together in a bowl and slightly chill before serving.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Place bacon in a saucepan over grill and cook until crisp. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel. Discard bacon fat.
Next, arrange clams directly over the grate of the grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until shells open. Transfer clams to serving plate and discard any clams that haven't opened. Spoon a teaspoon of mojo into shells and sprinkle with crisp bacon. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.