Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- For Grilled Corn and Salsa (makes 3 cups):
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- For Pomegranate Margarita (4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, (about 2 limes), plus lime wedges
- 1/2 cup white tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec (recommended: Cointreau)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup Habanero Simple Syrup or to taste, recipe follows
- For Habanero Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 habanero chili
Salsa Preparation: Preheat a grill pan. Brush corn with 1 tablespoon of oil and season with salt. Place on grill and cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove from grill and using a VIVA® paper towel, hold the ear of corn upright in a bowl and cut the kernels from the cob. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine. Serve with tortilla chips.
Habanero Syrup Preparation: Place sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir to combine. Poke holes in the habanero and add to the mixture. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until sugar is completely dissolved and syrup is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For a quick and easy way to remove the silk from ears of corn, try wiping the cobs lengthwise using a damp VIVA® towel and watch the silk come off with ease.
To make the portable coasters: Cut 3 inches off one non-perforated side of a VIVA® towel; Fold perforated sides towards center of VIVA® towel, creating creases 2 inches from each edge; With VIVA® towel flap-side up, set margarita glass on top, in the center; Bring folded sides of VIVA® towel toward stem of glass to cover the base of the glass. (There will be a thin strip of the base that remains uncovered.); Secure flaps around base with two 1 1/2-inch-pieces of clear tape (optional); To finish, fold remaining flaps under base of glass, and secure with clear tape or sticker.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.