Grilled Corn, Edamame, and Black-eyed Pea Salad
- 4 ears grilled corn
- 1 pound edamame, cooked and shelled
- 2 1/2 cups cooked black-eyed peas (if using canned, be sure to drain)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinaigrette, or as needed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 (12-ounce) bag baby spinach
- Sliced plum tomatoes, for garnish
Cut corn kernels off cob and place kernels in a large mixing bowl. Add edamame, black-eyed peas, red onion, celery, and butter or oil. Toss until combined. Add balsamic vinaigrette and minced garlic, mix well. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Mix red leaf lettuce with baby spinach and line a serving bowl or platter with lettuce and spoon salad over the bed of lettuce. Arrange sliced plum tomatoes around the edge of the dish, if desired, and serve.