Grilled Corn Salad
- 6 ears fresh corn, husked with silks removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cups packed arugula
- Lemon Dressing:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Neelys Barbeque Seasoning, recipe follows
- Neelys BBQ Seasoning:
- 1 1/2 cups paprika
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 3/4 tablespoons onion powder
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe Lemon Dressing:
Preheat grill or broiler to medium heat.
Rub corn with 2 tablespoons of canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil corn for 7 minutes or until ears are lightly browned. Remove from grill and allow to cool. Remove the kernels from the cob and place in a large mixing bowl along with the cherry tomatoes, red pepper, scallions, and arugula.
In a small bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and Neelys Barbeque Seasoning, to taste.
Toss the salad with the dressing and serve at room temperature.Neelys BBQ Seasoning:
Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. Keep in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay