- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, husks on
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded, stemmed and lightly toasted
- 1 chile negro, seeded, stemmed and lightly toasted
- 11/2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 bunch thyme leaves
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Remove the corn from the water, pull back the husks and drain thoroughly. Spread the paste over the kernels. Rewrap the husks, then arrange the corn on the hot grill. Cook, turning often, for about 15 minutes, or until the husks are lightly charred. Serve in the husks.
Optional serving style: After removing corn from water, drain, rewrap in husks and grill. When done, remove from grill, cut corn into 1inch rings and toss with the chile paste. Serve in a bowl.