Grilled Eggplant Wraps with Lemon Aioli, Feta, and Mint
- 2 medium eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chilled crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
Brush the eggplant slices with the 1/2 cup oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill or broil on a rack set 5 to 6 inches from the heat, turning once, until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet to cool. Brush the onions with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until brown and tender, about 5 minutes. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
Whisk the mayonnaise with the garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl to make the aioli. Spread 2 tablespoons of the aioli over each tortilla. Cover the bottom 1/3 of each tortilla with 1/4 of the eggplant and 1/4 of the onions. Sprinkle on a 12/4 of the cheese and top with mint leaves. To make the wrap, fold in the two sides of the tortilla. Roll away from you, tucking in the edges to form a tight cylinder. Wrap the cylinder in foil and cut in 1/2 diagonally right through the foil. The foil becomes the holder to be peeled away as the wrap is consumed. Serve the wrap hot or at room temperature.