Grilled Fillet with Barolo Sauce (Filetto Con Salsa al Barolo)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) fillet medallions
- 6 ounces dandelion greens
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 ounces cippolini onions, chopped
- 4 ounces reduced barolo wine, for sauce
Heat grill to medium-high to high heat.
Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, rosemary leaves, salt and pepper and rub over the meat. Place on the grill and crosshatch the meat on both sides. Continue this process until the meat reaches desired temperature.
In a hot saucepan cook the dandelion greens with 1 teaspoon garlic and 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. In a different hot saucepan cook the onions with remaining teaspoon garlic and 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Warm the Barolo Sauce in a separate saucepan and serve over the medallions.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Gioco
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell