Grilled Fish Tacos
Recipe Courtesy of Lime Fresh Mexican Grill
- 2 pounds of Mahi-Mahi (1/2 - 3/4 inches thick cleaned, skinned and cut into 4-6 portions)
- Whole wheat or multi-grain flour tortillas
- Basting Sauce Ingredients:
- Juice of 10 limes
- 1 bunch of cilantro finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Slaw Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups finely shredded red or green cabbage
- Lime Cilantro Yogurt Sauce:
- 2 cups plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup diced peeled seeded cucumber
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pico de Gallo Salsa:
- 2 medium fresh, diced tomatoes
- 1/2 diced Spanish onion
- 1 bunch thoroughly washed, minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Juice from 4 limes
- Mix diced tomatoes, onions and cilantro in a large bowl. Add the lime juice and salt stir.
- Mango Salsa:
- 2 fresh mangos diced
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 hot pepper (we recommend either a Serrano pepper which provides great flavor and not too much heat or a habanero pepper, one of the hottest peppers
- 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Directions for slaw:
Combine apple cider vinegar, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; mix until smooth and creamy. Add cabbage and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Directions for tacos:
Combine ingredients for the basting sauce into bowl and mix. Set aside. Oil the grill rack and Preheat grill to medium high. Grill Mahi filets until they are cooked through approximately 3 minutes per side. Continuously baste Mahi- Mahi, turning fish over only once.
While Mahi is on the grill, heat tortillas until soft in the microwave or in the oven. Option 1: In the Microwave, wrap stacks of up to 12 tortillas in barely damp paper towels; microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds. Wrap tortillas in a clean towel to keep warm. Option 2: In the Oven, wrap stacks of 6 tortillas in foil; place in a 375degreesF oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Wrap tortillas in a clean towel to keep warm.
When Fish is white and flakey, remove from heat. Carefully cut fish into large chunks. Place fish into tortillas and build your taco, starting with fish, and slaw and toppings of your choice.