Grilled Lamb Chops with Arugula, Aged Goat Cheese, California Peaches and Toasted Almonds
- 24 lamb chops (2 chops per person)
- 12 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 large fresh sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 peeled shallot
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped chives, divided
- 6 California peaches ( Freestone), split, stone removed, skin on
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 10 cups baby arugula
- 1 pound aged goat cheese, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices or rounds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and salted
DirectionsLamb chops: For the vinaigrette:
For the lamb chops:
Lightly pound each chop and place them in a re-sealable bag. Add the rest of the ingredients and let marinate for a minimum of 3 hours
For the vinaigrette:
Puree the shallots, vinegar and mustard in a blender or food processor for 30 seconds, then pulse in olive oil. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of chopped chives. Don't worry about arugula burning from vinaigrette - it is hardy and meant to be wilted. Set the vinaigrette aside.
Toss peach halves with the brandy and sugar. Allow to macerate for 1 hour. Grill quickly, just allowing for peaches to get charred.
Toss arugula with the vinaigrette, then top with the goat cheese. Garnish with remaining chives and the toasted the almonds. Serve immediately.
Remove lamb chops from marinade. Grill quickly over high heat until nicely charred and rare. Serve at room temperature.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.