Grilled Lamb Loin Chop with Roasted Mustard/Sage Sweet Potatoes, Mexican Mint Marigold Pesto and Warm Goat Cheese Sauce
- Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch thick disks
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup Mexican mint marigold (or tarragon), packed
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Goat Cheese Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons chevre (goat cheese)
- 4 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 4 (5 to 6-ounce) lamb loin chops
- Sweet Potatoes:
Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F.
Combine the first 6 ingredients. Toss with the sweet potatoes. Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a sprayed baking sheet. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until beginning to brown.Pesto:
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree.Goat Cheese Sauce:
Combine the goat cheese and half-and-half in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until goat cheese is melted and sauce is warm.Lamb:
Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
Season the lamb with the salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
To serve, divide the sweet potatoes onto 4 plates, loosely stacking them towards the center. Position a lamb chop on each stack. Drizzle pesto around the potatoes. Spoon goat cheese sauce over lamb.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Lamb Chops with Rosemary, Salt, and Tapanade Aioli, Grilled Lamb Chops with a Butternut Squash Ring, Couscous, Asparagus, Grilled Lamb with Greek Spinach Pita Salad, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Leg of Lamb Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Lamb, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes