Grilled Mahi Mahi with Tomatillo and Mango Salsa
- 4 (6-ounce) mahi mahi, skin removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Tomatillo and Mango Salsa, recipe follows
- Tomatillo and Mango Salsa:
- 1 semi-ripe mango, peeled and seeded, plus 1 semi-ripe mango, peeled, seeded, and small diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 10 medium sized tomatillos peeled, washed, and diced finely
- 1 medium ripe tomato, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat a grill.Tomatillo and Mango Salsa:
Begin by peeling 1 of the mangos removing all the flesh possible and discarding the seed. Place the mango pieces in a blender with jalapeno, lime juice and orange juice. Blend until smooth and place in large bowl.
Meanwhile peel and remove flesh from the remaining mango and finely dice.
To finish the salsa, add the tomatillos, tomato, red onion, cilantro, and the diced mango all to the pureed mango mixture season with salt and pepper. (Best served grilled fish or white shrimp).
Yield: 3 cups
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Taro Leaf-Wrapped Mahi-mahi with Lilikoi (Passion Fruit) Reduction, Thai Red Curry Mahi Mahi Salad, Mahi Mahi Steaks with Mango Salsa and Curry Couscous, Salisbury Steak Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes