Grilled Marinated London Broil
- For marinade:
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 (2 to 2 1/2 pound) London broil
To make marinade: In a bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients until combined well. Put London broil in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over it. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and set in a shallow dish. Marinate meat, chilled, turning bag once or twice, for 8 hours.
Remove meat from the marinade, discarded the marinade, and pat the meat dry.
Preheat a grill and on an oiled rack set about 4-inches over glowing coals, grill the meat, turning each once, 9 to 10 minutes on each side, or until it registers 125 to 130 degrees, on a meat thermometer for medium-rare meat. (Alternatively, meat may be broiled.)
Transfer meat to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Cut meat diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
Recipe courtesy Gourmet Magazine