Grilled Marinated London Broil
- For marinade:
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 (2 to 2 1/2 pound) London broil
To make marinade: In a bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients until combined well. Put London broil in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over it. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and set in a shallow dish. Marinate meat, chilled, turning bag once or twice, for 8 hours.
Remove meat from the marinade, discarded the marinade, and pat the meat dry.
Preheat a grill and on an oiled rack set about 4-inches over glowing coals, grill the meat, turning each once, 9 to 10 minutes on each side, or until it registers 125 to 130 degrees, on a meat thermometer for medium-rare meat. (Alternatively, meat may be broiled.)
Transfer meat to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Cut meat diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Jamie Deen
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller