Grilled Nectarines with Blue Cheese, Farm Stand Honey, and Black Pepper
- 6 firm-ripe nectarines, halved and pitted
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- Maytag blue cheese or mascarpone, as needed
- Honey, preferably wildflower, as needed
- Fresh coarse-ground black pepper
- Fresh mint leaves or sprigs, for garnish
Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan. Brush the cut sides of the nectarines with oil and place on the grill, cut-side down. Grill until caramelized. Turn over and grill until almost soft, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
Transfer the nectarines to a platter, cut-side up, and place a dollop of cheese in the center of each. Drizzle with honey and grind fresh pepper, to taste, over the top. Garnish with the mint and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay