Grilled Pappadums with Spicy Lentil Dip
- 1 package pappadums, quartered (flavored with garlic, if possible)
- Peanut oil
- Spicy Lentil Dip:
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
Preheat grill. Brush each quarter with oil on both sides. Grill on each side until blistered, about 10 to 12 seconds on each side.Spicy Lentil Dip:
Place lentils, onion, garlic, pepper and vinegar in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil. Season with cumin, salt and pepper and pulse 3 times. Remove to a bowl and garnish with cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.