Grilled Peppers, Leeks and Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and quartered
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and cleaned
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, stemmed and gills removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Build a charcoal fire or preheat gas grill.
Place all of the vegetables on a baking sheet, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss with the olive oil and garlic.
Place the vegetables, cut side down, on the grill. Cook for a few minutes on each side until tender and nicely marked by the grill. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy George Stella
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis