- 1 whole (18.4-ounce) pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Fuji apples, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks, pieces separated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving (optional)
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
1. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium. If using bamboo skewers, soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Thread the pork, apples, and onion onto the skewers and season with salt and pepper. Rub with the oil. In a small bowl, mix the syrup and spices.
3. Grill the skewers, turning each skewer to evenly brown, until grill marks appear, about 8 minutes. Brush with the maple syrup mixture and grill until the meat is cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Drizzle with more syrup, if desired.