Grilled Pork Burgers Indochine
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 4 teaspoons jaggery ( palm sugar) or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or other Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 pounds freshly ground pork
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground star anise
- Vegetable oil, for brushing the grill rack
- 6 French rolls, split
- 6 interior butter lettuce leaves
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium high.
For the Dressing: combine the mayonnaise, basil, cilantro, green onions, and lime juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
For the Patties: combine the fish sauce, jaggery, and chili sauce in a medium bowl. Add the pork, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, and star anise and blend loosely with a fork. Form into 6 equal patties the approximate dimensions of the rolls, making a slight depression in the middle of the patties to compensate for the tendency to bulge during cooking.
Brush the grill rack with oil. Grill the patties with the grill top closed for 4 minutes. Turn and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the patties registers 160 degrees F, about 4 minutes longer.
During the last 2 minutes of grilling the patties, place the rolls, cut side down, on the grill to toast.
To assemble the burgers: spread the roll bottoms with a thin layer of dressing, followed by a lettuce leaf. Add the patties and top with generous dollops of the dressing. Add the roll tops.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.