Grilled Portobello and Montrachet Salad
- 8 ounces Montrachet goat cheese, cut into 4 equal-sized rounds
- 4 large outer-leaves radicchio
- 3 medium-sized Portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- 7 ounces mesclun lettuce mix (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 1/4 cup shelled walnut halves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Preheat an outdoor grill or cast-iron grill pan to medium-high.
Working on baking sheet, wrap each round of cheese in a radicchio leaf like an egg roll, and pinch them a little to help it keep their shape. Arrange them on 1 side of the baking sheet.
Place the mushroom caps on the other side of the baking sheet; drizzle with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the mushrooms until tender and juicy, turning once, about 6 minutes. Next, lightly drizzle the wrapped goat cheese with oil and grill until slightly charred and warm, turning occasionally, about 1 minute. Immediately remove and slice in half on the diagonal.
Slice the grilled mushroom caps into strips and add them to a bowl with the lemon juice and sherry wine vinegar. Toss to combine.
In a bowl, toss the lettuce mix with the mushrooms and arrange in 4 bowls. Arrange 2 goat cheese halves in the center of each. Sprinkle each salad with red pepper and walnuts, and serve garnished with lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of George Stella
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray