Grilled Shrimp and Octopus Salad with Piquillo Pepper Fondue and Crispy Chick Peas
- Piquillo Pepper Fondue:
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 2 cans piquillo peppers, drained (roasted red peppers can be substituted)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 pound tenderized baby octopus, blanched and cleaned
- 1 pound medium sized shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 pounds watercress, stemmed and well washed
- 2 cups cooked chick peas, fried until crispy
Preheat a grill to 500 degrees F.
Place the olive oil in a medium heated shallow pot. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until golden brown. Add the piquillo peppers and orange juice and simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove form the heat and puree in a blender. Season, to taste.
Toss the octopus and shrimp with the extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, oregano and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook until charred on the outside. Place in a mixing bowl and toss with the sliced red onions, lemon juice, water cress and Piquillo Pepper Fondue. Season, to taste, and finish with the crispy chick peas.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Shrimp and Green Papaya Salad, Thai-Style Tomato and Shrimp Salad, "Ono-lishious": Grilled Sesame Chicken Satay Papaya Salad with Hoisin Balsamic Vinaigrette, Stuffing Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Puree, Spicy Shrimp Recipes, Beans and Legumes, Thanksgiving Appetizers