- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Whisk together vinegar, garlic and anchovy paste and season with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and set aside.
- 1/4 pound fresh wax beans
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- Red and yellow sweet 100 tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil and flat leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
Prepare a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
Bring a medium pot of cold water to a boil then season with a tablespoon of salt. Add the beans and cook for approximately 3 to 4 minutes or until just crisp tender. Drain and immediately plunge into the ice water to stop the cooking. Let sit in the ice water for a few minutes, and then drain well.
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water, season with 1 tablespoon of salt and cook until almost cooked through (a knife or skewer inserted into the center goes in with a little resistance). Drain well and place on a baking sheet to cool slightly. Once cool enough to handle, slice potatoes lengthwise, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill, cut side down and cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turn over and grill until just cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Place cooked beans, grilled potatoes, tomatoes, onions, basil and parsley in a large bowl, add the vinaigrette and gently toss to combine, season with salt and pepper. Cover and let sit at room temperature while you prepare the shrimp.
Spice Rubbed Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large (21 to 24 ) shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Olive oil
Heat the grill to high.
Combine the fennel, mustard, coriander, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Place shrimp in a large bowl and toss with the spice rub until evenly coated. Place the shrimp on the grates of the grill in an even layer and grill until golden brown and slightly charred, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over and continue grilling until just cooked through, 45 seconds to 1 minute longer. Remove the shrimp to a platter.
Arrange the vegetables on 4 large plates and top each salad with 5 to 6 shrimp.