Grilled Spicy Sausage with Florida Sweet Potatoes and Peppers with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup good-quality light vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Florida honey
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- Several splashes Florida hot sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sausage, Peppers and Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 large Florida potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 large Florida sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 pounds spicy smoked cooked sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 Florida bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh Florida parsley, finely chopped
- Assorted fresh herbs, for garnish
For the mustard vinaigrette: Add the vinegar, honey, mustard, hot sauce, garlic and lemon juice to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk constantly while slowly adding the vegetable oil. Whisk until fully combined. Taste the vinaigrette and season with salt and black pepper.
For the sausage and peppers: Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and sweet potatoes and boil until they are almost cooked, but still raw in the center, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool them completely until ready to grill.
Preheat a char-grill to medium-high heat
Combine the potatoes, sausages, oil, grill seasoning and bell peppers in a large bowl. Toss carefully until well coated. Grill the sausages, peppers and potatoes until char marks have formed and everything is completely heated through, about 6 minutes.
To serve, garnish with scallions, parsley and fresh herbs. Serve warm.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.