Grilled Steaks Balsamico
- 2/3 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fig preserves or chopped dried figs
- 4 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (6 to 8 ounces each) or boneless beef chuck eye steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 package (5.2 ounces) herb and garlic soft spreadable cheese
Place marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until blended. Place steaks in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over steaks and turn to coat. Seal bag and marinate steaks in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Preheat a grill to medium heat.
Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Meanwhile, heat cheese in small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted, stirring frequently, about 2 to 4 minutes. Serve steaks with cheese sauce.
This recipe was obtained from the National Beef Cook-Off website:
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Lori Welander, VA