Grilled Summer Pizzette with Caramelized Peaches, Burrata, Arugula and Crispy Serrano
Recipe courtesy Chef Chris Santos, The Stanton Social/Beauty and Essex
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces thinly sliced serrano ham
- 2 pounds frozen pizza dough, thawed
- All-purpose flour, for sprinkling
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 peaches, thinly sliced on a mandolin slicer
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula, washed (about 6 cups)
- 2 pounds burrata cheese
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Lightly brush 2 baking sheets with vegetable oil. Lay the ham on top in a single layer and lightly brush with vegetable oil. Bake in the oven until crispy, 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove and let cool.
Once your pizza dough has thawed, divide into 3 balls. Sprinkle flour (or cornmeal for texture) on your workspace and roll each ball into an elongated "flatbread," 10 to 12 inches long and 4 inches wide. Brush both sides with olive oil.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat and saute the peaches with the brown sugar and some salt and pepper until caramelized, 3 to 4 minutes.
Heat a grill or large grill pan to high heat.
Grill 1 oiled crust until it has distinguished grill marks, about 2 minutes. Flip and then layer with 2 cups arugula, generous spoonfuls of the burrata, some caramelized peaches and crisp serrano. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and close the grill until the cheese is melted. Remove from the grill and repeat with the 2 remaining pizzettes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.