Grilled Szechuan Steak and Bok Choy Wraps with Spicy Peanut Mayonnaise (New Dynamic Beef Dishes)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium or regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 baby bok choy, cut lengthwise in 1/2
- 4 spinach sandwich wraps or tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- Spicy Peanut Mayonnaise:
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat or regular mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium or regular soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1 tablespoon for the bok choy. Place beef steak and remaining marinade in a food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
Preheat charcoal grill to medium heat.
Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash- covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 8 to 9 minutes for medium-rare doneness, turning occasionally. Do not overcook. Brush bok choy with reserved 1 tablespoon marinade. Grill bok choy, uncovered, over medium, ash-covered coals 4 to 5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning once.
Meanwhile combine Spicy Peanut Mayonnaise ingredients in medium bowl; mix well.
Carve steak into thin slices. Cut each bok choy half lengthwise in half again, forming quarters. Cut core from each quarter. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on spinach wraps. Divide steak slices and bok choy among wraps. Roll up tightly.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Cook's Tip: To prepare on gas grill, preheat grill according to manufacturer's directions for medium heat. Grill steak, covered, 10 to 11 minutes for medium-rare doneness, turning occasionally. Do not overcook.
Cook's Tip: One cup thinly sliced fresh cucumber or 2 grilled medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into quarters may be substituted for baby bok choy. Grilled zucchini quarters, over medium ash covered coals, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once,
Cook's Tip: 1 to 1 1/2-pounds beef skirt steak may be substituted for top round steak. Grill, uncovered, over medium, ash-covered coals 10 to 13 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 12 minutes) for medium-rare to medium doneness. Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
Recipe courtesy American National CattleWomen, Inc. created by Diane Coates, Allendale, New Jersey
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay