Grilled Tofu with Mushroom Sauce
- 1 pound firm tofu, sliced into 1-inch thick pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of salt
- Mushroom Sauce:
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, chopped fine
To a small non reactive bowl or dish combine marinade ingredients. Marinate tofu overnight.
Place on hot grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
In a separate saucepan whisk together olive oil, milk, flour and vegetable broth. Add shiitake mushrooms and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Pour the mixture over grilled tofu. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.