Grilled Tuna and Star Fruit Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tuna, swordfish or salmon fillet, 1-inch thick, cut into 4 pieces
- Mustard dressing, recipe follows
- 2 star fruit, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 8 cups torn mixed lettuce
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Arrange the tuna on a lightly oiled grilling tray or broiler pan. Place 1/4 cup of the Mustard Dressing in a small bowl. Brush some dressing over the fish. Grill or broil, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Turn the fish and arrange the star fruit alongside it on the grilling tray. Brush the fish and star fruit lightly with the dressing. Return to the grill. Cook for 3 to 6 minutes longer, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Combine the lettuce and cucumber in a large salad bowl. Add the remaining dressing and toss to coat well. Divide the salad evenly among 4 dinner plates. Place 1 piece of tuna on the center of each salad. Arrange the star fruit slices around each salad plate. Sprinkle with green onions.Mustard Dressing:
Combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard, dill, and paprika in a small bowl and mix well. Chill until ready to use.
Yield: about 1/2 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.