Grilled Tuscan Porterhouse with White Bean-Grilled Shiitake Mushroom Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive
- 1 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 (3 pound) porterhouse steak
- Kosher salt
- WHITE BEAN SALAD WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
- 4 shiitake mushroom caps
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups warm white beans, cooked or canned rinsed and drained and heated
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Combine all the ingredients in a medium baking dish. Add the steak and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours or up to 2 days. Bring steak to room temperature before grilling.
Preheat grill. Remove steak from marinade and wipe off any excess and season with salt to taste. Sear the steak for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Close the grill and continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes for medium rare. Let rest for 10 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
Preheat grill. Brush mushrooms with some of the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, remove and slice into 1/4-inch slices. Place the warm beans in a large bowl, add mushrooms, herbs and tomatoes.
Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and garlic and pour over the beans. Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Copyright 1999 by Bobby Flay. All Rights Reserved.