Grilled Watermelon and Halloumi Cheese "Croutons" with Herbs, Feta and Arugula
- 4 slices sweet seedless watermelon, with rind
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, preferably sheep's milk
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/4 cup Halloumi cheese, cubed
Heat a grill pan over high heat until very hot.
Sprinkle each slice of watermelon with salt and a pinch of sugar and grill quickly on each side, just until grill marks show and the fruit is lightly caramelized, about 1 minute per side. Arrange them on serving plates and sprinkle with crumbled feta, and salt and pepper, to taste. In a small bowl, toss the arugula and fresh herbs with olive oil, vinegar, lime zest, salt and pepper, to taste. Put small mounds on top of the grilled watermelon and feta. Just before serving, heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and quickly saute Halloumi until golden and crispy. Garnish each plate with the Halloumi cheese croutons and serve immediately.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.