- 1 seedless watermelon plank (2 inches thick, 10 inches long and 6 inches wide)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean pulp
- 12 fresh mint leaves, plus more julienned for garnish
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Watermelon wedges, for garnish
Preheat a grill to high heat (400 degrees F).
To grill the watermelon, first sprinkle with the sugar and salt. Grill quickly, cooking each side for 2 minutes and flipping with a wide spatula. Once the watermelon is cooked, remove from the grill and add to a blender, along with the yogurt, apple juice, ice, honey and vanilla. Puree until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Finally, add the mint and basil leaves, pulse 5 to 6 times and serve. Garnish with watermelon wedges and mint.