Grilled Zucchini with Black Olives and Mint
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata or other brine-cured black olives
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini (about 3 large)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Pit and thinly slice olives. Cut zucchini diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices and in a bowl toss with oil and salt and pepper, to taste.
Grill zucchini, in batches if necessary, on a rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred and just tender. (Alternatively, zucchini may be grilled in a hot well-seasoned heavy-ridged grill pan over moderately high heat.) Transfer zucchini to bowl and toss with olives, mint, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine