- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound Dungeness crab, in shell (or king crab, or shell on 1-pound (21/25 count) shrimp for substitute)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile hot sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
- 3 tablespoons black bean garlic paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
In a large wok, heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
Crack crab shells in multiple areas to allow sauce to enter shell without crab shells falling apart.
Add crab to oil and quickly saute for 1 to 3 minutes until crab is hot. Remove crab and drain oil.
Add hoisin, chile hot sauce, black bean paste, and white wine and heat until bubbling. Add crab, toss for 30 seconds. Add sesame oil, and toss for 15 seconds.
Remove to plate and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay