- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/3 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/4 cup finely julienned kale
- 1/2 small red onion, shaved
- 2 teaspoons finely sliced fresh chives
For the bulgar: In medium saucepot over medium-high heat, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the bulgar, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer the bulgar until tender, about 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, and then fluff with fork
For the cider vinaigrette: Combine the vinegar, shallots and agave nectar in small glass jar with a tightly fitted lid. Shake to combine. Add the oil and shake vigorously to emulse. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready for use.
For the salad: In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the bulgur, almonds, apricots, kale and red onions. Add the vinaigrette and mix until thoroughly dressed. Season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with the chives.
Per Serving: Calories: 369; Total Fat: 20 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 11 grams; Total carbohydrates: 41 grams; Sugar: 8 grams; Fiber: 10 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 166 milligrams