Cajun Chicken Alfredo 2
- Kosher salt
- Four 5-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Blackening Spice Rub, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup roughly chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion, for garnish
- Blackening Spice Rub:
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over very high heat.
Dredge the chicken breasts in the Blackening Spice Rub. Place in the cast-iron skillet. Blacken both sides of the chicken, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and place in the oven until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and slice the chicken into strips on the bias.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and lightly brown it, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the wine. Pour in the heavy cream, bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce is reduced by half. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and chicken slices.
Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine al dente, according to the package directions. Drain.
When the cream sauce is at the desired consistency, stir in 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, the sea salt, pepper and pasta.Blackening Spice Rub:
Combine the garlic, black pepper, salt cumin, onion, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika and chili powder in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri