- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons diced black olives
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup diced artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Toasted sesame buns
In a medium saute pan over medium heat add, 1-ounce oil and all raw vegetables and saute until translucent. Remove and cool.
Add veggies to raw chicken and mix thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients and egg. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 4 patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In same saute pan add remaining 1-ounce olive oil, and cook patties 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Serve with ketchup and mustard on toasted sesame buns with lettuce and tomato.