Creamy Celery Root, Fennel and Apple Slaw
- h1 celery root (celeriac), peeled and julienned
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced into crescents
- 1 Granny Smith apple, julienned (do not peel)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Combine the celery root, fennel, apple and lemon juice in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together and set aside for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. This not only tenderizes and marinates the vegetables so they become pliable but also stops them from turning brown.
Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, honey and mustard in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the vegetable and toss well. Fold in the dried cranberries. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.