Creamy Celery Root, Fennel and Apple Slaw
- 1 celery root (celeriac), peeled and julienned
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced into crescents
- 1 Granny Smith apple, julienned (do not peel)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Combine the celery root, fennel, apple and lemon juice in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together and set aside for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. This not only tenderizes and marinates the vegetables so they become pliable but also stops them from turning brown.
Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, honey and mustard in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the vegetable and toss well. Fold in the dried cranberries. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.