- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 head green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/4 head red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves finely sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 green apples, such as Granny Smith, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans
Prepare the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, honey, lemon juice and some salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together to mix.
Add the green and red cabbage, kale, carrots, apples and onions. Toss well to coat everything evenly and mix. Set aside while you toast the pecans.
Set a large dry pan over medium to high heat and add the pecans. Brown the pecans all over, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the pan, roughly chop and then sprinkle them over the top of the coleslaw.