Green Apple Slaw with Pecans
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Granny Smith apples, core removed and cut into thin slices
- 3 cups finely sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups finely sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup finely sliced sweet onions
- 1 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
In a large bowl combine the yogurt, mayo, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and some salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Add the apples, green and red cabbages, carrots and onions. Mix together well and place in the refrigerator to allow flavors to come together and the cabbage soften slightly, 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve topped with the toasted pecans.