Grilled Lamb Chops with Charmoula
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 racks lamb, frenched and cut into double rib portion
- Olive oil
- For the Charmoula:
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, stems removed
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Have the grill preheated to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl combine the salt, cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Sprinkle half of the spice mixture over the chops and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
For the Charmoula: In a food processor or blender, add the remaining spice mixture, the onions, parsley, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, lemon zest and juice. Blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Brush the chops with olive oil and put on the grill. Grill until the lamb is medium-rare, about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Transfer the chops to a serving platter and serve with the charmoula.