Korean Chicken Wings
- 1 to 2 pounds chicken wings (about 12 whole wings) 1st and 2nd joint, no tips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for frying
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the chicken wings on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 35 minutes.
In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add the 2 tablespoons of canola oil and the ginger. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the sherry, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and soy sauce and chili garlic sauce and continue to cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
In large sauce pot or fryer, heat 3-inches of the canola oil, or enough to prevent wings from touching the bottom of the pan, to 350 degrees F. Add the chicken wings to the oil and cook for about 3 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Remove the chicken wings from the oil and drain on paper towels.
Add the wings to the sauce. Garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri