Mexican Pork and Beans
- 4 ounces Mexican chorizo (about 2 links)
- Canola oil, for greasing pan
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Two 15.5-ounce cans black beans
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Begin by removing the chorizo from their casings. Set a medium saucepan over medium heat and coat with a little canola oil. Add the chorizo and use a spoon to break up the pieces into smaller chunks. Add the garlic and jalapeno. Allow the chorizo to cook and render for 4 to 5 minutes. When the oil is fragrant and red from the chorizo spices, add the cumin and black beans (including the liquid from one of the cans). Add 1/2 cup water, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to come together. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Serve the beans in a large bowl garnished with crumbled Cotija cheese and chopped cilantro.
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray