Oak Town Garlic Vinegar Chicken
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium yellow onions, julienned
- 2 Anaheim chiles, cleaned and julienned
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup minced garlic, divided
- 8 ounces beer
- 8 ounces chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In large saute pan over medium heat add 2 tablespoons oil, onions, chiles and saute for 3 minutes until translucent. Add chicken thighs and lightly brown. Add 1/4 cup garlic and saute. Deglaze with beer and chicken stock. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until chicken is 3/4 of the way cooked. Remove chicken from saute pan, and let cool, reserve pan and braising broth.
Take cooled, cooked chicken and press paste on to the chicken. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in garlic pan, and gently place chicken in the pan. Lightly brown chicken on both sides.
Simmer reserved braising broth and add red wine vinegar. When chicken is cooked on both sides, pour vinegar broth over chicken and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri