Pan Seared Airline Breast
- 4 full chicken breasts, (ribs removed and wing intact)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup julienned yellow onion
- 1 cup trimmed julienned leeks
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped garlic
- 1 cup jarred pitted Spanish olives, plus 1 tablespoon olive juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Pinch freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Combine paprika, granulated garlic, salt and pepper, in a small bowl. Rub seasoning mix all over the chicken. When skillet is hot, add oil and sear chicken, skin side first, turn over and sear other side. Remove to a sheet tray and put into the preheated oven to cook through, about 15 minutes.
To the pan you used to sear the chicken, add in the onions and leeks. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly caramelized. Add garlic and olives and olive juice. Saute for 2 minutes more, then deglaze the pan with white wine. Reduce wine by half. Finish sauce by stirring in thyme and butter. Adjust seasoning, if necessary, and keep warm.
When chicken is done, remove from oven, place on serving platter, and pour any juices into vegetable mixture. Pour over chicken and serve immediately.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with Pecan and Potato Hash and Spicy Brown Butter Sauce, Pan Seared Bronzino with Mushroom Pan Jus, Seared Duck Breast with Grape Sauce, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Soup Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Chicken, Easy Shrimp
Thank you! your flag was submitted.