For the cocktails:
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 4 thin slices jalapeno pepper
- 12 ounces tequila (preferably 100 percent blue agave tequila blanco)
- 12 ounces fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
- 3 ounces fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces agave syrup
- 10 ounces club soda or lemon-lime soda
For the grapefruit salt:
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- Zest of 1 grapefruit
- Lime wedges, for the glasses
Make the cocktails: In a glass pitcher, muddle the raspberries and jalapeno, then fill halfway with ice. Add the tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice and agave. Take a second pitcher (the same size) and pour one into the other repeatedly to mix the drink together. Top it off with club soda or lemon-lime soda.
Make the grapefruit salt: Crush the salt and grapefruit zest together with a mortar and pestle, then spread on a plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass, then dip the glasses in the grapefruit salt. Fill with the cocktails.
Photograph by Kat Teutsch