Red Devil Cranberries
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced serrano pepper
- 1 cup blood orange juice, fresh if possible
- 1/2 cup agave syrup, preferably amber
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large saucepan, add the oil and saute the shallot and serrano pepper over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Guy's Tip: If available, try to purchase 1 fresh blood orange and add this to the cranberries. Segment, add the orange flesh to the pot, and squeeze in any remaining juices from the blood orange membrane.
Cook's Note: To segment an orange, remove the top and bottom from the orange over a small bowl (to catch the juices). Peel the orange with a small sharp knife, carefully removing all of the pith. Carefully slice between the segments, down each side, and allow to fall into the bowl as you proceed.