Red Rocker Margarita Chicken
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced rounds
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 tablespoons tequila (recommended: Cabo Wabo Reposado)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, skinned, seeded, julienne
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 cups canola oil
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
In a medium mixing bowl add jalapenos, cilantro, tequila, garlic, red chili flakes, cumin, oregano, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the chicken breasts and red bell peppers to resealable gallon bag and pour in marinade. Let marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
Heat grill to high. Remove chicken from marinade, and add chicken to the grill.
In a small mixing bowl add flour, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and the granulated garlic.
Heat the canola oil to 350 degrees F.
Remove bell peppers from marinade and dredge in flour and fry until crispy. When done drain on paper towels.
Cook chicken thoroughly on both sides, remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes Remove chicken from the bone and thinly slice or shred.
Lightly toast rolls. Spread mayonnaise evenly among the rolls and then stack evenly with the cabbage, onion, chicken breast, fried peppers, and top with cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller