Rice Pilaf Garden Style
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup seeded and diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon freshly crackled black pepper
In a large pot, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. When the butter melts, add in the rice and pasta. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes, then add the shallots and saute 2 minutes more. Add the zucchini and mushrooms and mix to combine. Stir in the stock and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover and cook for 14 to 16 minutes. Add the tomatoes, parsley, lemon zest and Parmesan. Season with the black pepper and salt, if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.